www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 15, 2006

I told them I was ill...



I finally managed to get my supervisor to agree to giving me a day off. Mind you, I didn't give them much choice

Me 'Can I have a day off please?'

Supervisor 'No, you had one a week and a half ago'

Me 'I need a day off. I'm ill. If you don't give me one I'll take one anyway to go to the doctors'

Supervisor 'You're not having a day off'

An hour later...

Supervisor walks in 'You can have the day off'

Me 'Why, thank you'

Anyway, as it turns out, I've got infected tonsils and sinuses which would account pretty much for the me feeling shit and completely lacking in energy and having headaches for the last week although it was the 'I'm surviving on chocolate and painkillers' line that actually swayed them I think. That and sitting in my office sobbing several times a day because I just couldn't cope right then.

Anyhoo, on a better note, I've managed to get some more pictures up onto Flickr, it let me upload them, one by one, until about the 6th one when it decided enough was enough and started playing up again. I'm perseverence personified however and will get those other photos up there one day, I promise! For now, I thought I'd give you a little viewing of some of my friends (my Toy Boy is the one on the right :D )

|