www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Injuries and animals


We've had an influx of animal invasions recently. The little green things have decided that they like our house, specifically the inside of it.

The Other Half has a couple of times in the recent past got up in the middle of the night to find a frog sitting on the floor or, on one occasion, on the lightswitch for the bathroom. I had my brush with one this morning when I tried to take a shower. Cute isn't he?









They've also decided that our kitchen window is a great place to sit and catch insects. A couple of minutes after I caught this fellow, another one joined him. At least this time they weren't inside...














...which is actully more than can be said for the little bugger in this picture. To be honest, I've never seen a stick insect in the wild so was quite excited. Once I got over the suprise I had when I moved the kettle from infront of it.

We had lime ants decide that they also want to be inside the bathroom today (they're about 1cm long, green body and they bite. 'Nuff said)


However, the invasions of the little green monsters is a doddle to deal with compared to the other thing that I've managed to do recently. I have had to add this nifty fashion accessory to my wardrobe in the last couple of days. Great isn't it. I'm not allowed to get my hair wet for a WEEK. Yup, no water, no washing, I'm going to be such a skank by the time next monday rolls around. I suppose it is my fault though, I mean, nobody forced me to stick my head in a spinning ceiling fan. All I can say is, if you ever get the opportunity to do so - DON'T. It bloody well hurts. I'm just hoping that the hair has grown back properly by the time I have to be a bridesmaid...











Labels: ,

|