www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 19, 2007

Love is...

...the small things in life.

I have changed. I will fully admit it. For the last 26 years, I have been completely against Valentines Day. I viewed it as a day blown out of all proportion and made completely commercial and sickly and just another excuse to spend lots and lots of money that you might not have. Above all, it was just another chance for all those in loving relationships to rub it in the face of those (i.e. me) who were utterly single.

However, when I was woken up very nicely by a very loving boyfriend who had hung at the end of the bed a soft toy heart holding some chocolates (mmmmm...) I must admit that I withdrew all previous comments and wholeheartedly embraced the idea of Valentines Day. It's a wonderful day and even though we can't really afford it, he made sure that he had a little something for me.

He even cleaned the kitchen :)

Labels:

|