www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Visiting

Oooh, I had a lovely time this weekend. I'm currently up in Stockport at my aunt and uncle's house and it's been great seeing them actually in person, rather than just a voice at the other end of the phone.

Yesterday I went to see my best friend and her fiance over in Leeds (the one who's getting married next month whose bridesmaid I am - very excited!) and we had lunch at Yo! Sushi and then sat in a pub for a couple of hours. I got to drink my first pint of proper beer in nearly a year and it was utterly delicious! I love the Australians to bits (one in particular) but bloody hell they cannot brew a decent pint for love nor money. Timothy Taylor's Landlord was the pint (or 2...) selected for my reintroduction to proper beer (unfortunately the pub we went to didn't do Black Sheep, hey ho) and ooooh it was nice. So smooth and easy going down I just couldn't get enough. That is one thing I do miss when I'm out of the country. A warm pub with a nice pint. There's simply no replacement!

It's back to Wales tomorrow and then down to see my brother, sister-in-law and nephew for next weekend so that will be great, he's going to have changed so much it'll be quite strange seeing him (my nephew that is, not my brother!) but I can't wait, everyone says that he's a great child so hopefully he won't cry when he sees me this time (as happened when I first met him last year...) so fingers crossed!

Labels:

|