www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, April 02, 2007

On the road again

I have a confession to make. I haven't blogged about coming home. Which I am. Right now.

I'm in Brisbane at the moment, flying out tomorrow to London and thence to Wales to see my lovely family and get a job and earn some money to pay for my visa to return.

I've not blogged about it for the simple reason that the Other Half and I have been blocking it out for some weeks now that this day was coming because neither of us wanted it to. It's not that I don't want to see my family, because I do. It's not that I don't want to see my home and my friends, because I do.

It's because it's the start of a separation from my Other Half that will last certainly for months, and really we don't know how many of those. It all depends on the Department of Immigration and how nice they want to be to us.

We've not been together long but we know one thing, both of us, for certain and that's that we want to be together and not being together is going to be really hard. The Other Half isn't an internet sort of person so this relationship is going to be carried out the old fashioned way - with phone calls and letters, proper letters.

Just don't ask me in a month or so what my phone bills like because I will probably cry.

Labels:

|