www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

being good

I can't help it, I live with Graham therefore I put on weight (also, Christmas didn't help). This bothers me a little more than it normally would (Graham insists that he doesn't mind in the slightest) as I have a wedding dress to fit into.

Now, before people start yelling at me, I do still fit into it, and to be perfectly honest, I needed to put on a little as the woman who measured it for me left a little bit too much space on top meaning that it tended to slip down a little too much. Still, I could do with toning up a little.

So, I've been good.

Ever since the horrible neighbours whose kids (and relatives, and friends, and friends of friends and people that they met at a party the other night but otherwise wouldn't know from Adam) took up the pool night and day have moved out, I've been trying to swim for 15-20 minutes in the morning before work and in the evening when I get home. (I only say trying because when it's bucketing it down I don't like competing with the leaves and rain that end up in there).

I've also been taking healthy snacks to work, carrot sticks and celery and red pepper and grapes and cucumber and the like.
As a result I feel very healthy.

I'm not craving chocolate at all.

Honestly.

Anyway, I've been at it for 2 weeks and don't feel any different so a little encouragement would go a long way...please?

p.s. and for those that don't know me, me having kept this up for this long is a miracle, I usually give up or just 'don't have the time' after a few days...

Labels:

|