www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weather

We're a bit wet here. Thankfully, our house is not in a suburb that is flooding (well, it wasn't when I left the house this morning...)



Still, I'm not worried, they say that the only way out of Cairns is by plane (that's if you can actually reach the airport) or by boat. So, no worries there then as that's our latest acquisition above.


It took most of what little monies we have at the moment but it was worth it for a happy fiance. Of course, he's not terribly happy that after perfect fishing weather for weeks and weeks, we buy a boat and all hell breaks loose!


This is a local tourist attraction up near Kuranda called the Barron Falls. For most of the year, it's got no water in it. At all.


This picture was taken about 1 1/2 weeks ago, before the latest deluge hit. Trust me, that's not much water in it compared to today!
Hopefully it will all have dried out in 2 months and 12 days time...

Labels:

|