www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 16, 2005

No spoilers...I promise

For once, it's a weekend and I'm not throwing myself out of planes, this is partly because of the weather (crap) but mainly because I have a parcel to pick up from the post office. Unfortunately I discovered when I went there at 9am this morning that they are not open at any point on the weekend. They only open from 9-5 Monday-Friday. Useful, given that my working hours (yes I have a job! they love me, it's fantastic! Now only if I can master turning up on time...) are 9-5 Monday-Friday and they have already thwarted my efforts to get a housemate to pick it up. Needless to say I'm not amused!

However, not being up at the DZ this weekend has given my ample opportunity to go into the bookshop just up Ackland Street this morning and purchase my brand new copy of Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince just half an hour after it's been released, yay!

Of course, having spent today glued to the sofa, I have now finished said book. I promised no spoilers and I won't but it's great!! I loved it! I also cried. My housemate wasn't quite so enthusiastic when I tried to discuss various turns of events in the world of Hogwarts (now why couldn't my secondary school have been as cool as Hogwarts?) as she's only read the first book and that a while ago so most people that I was trying to gasp in shock about she didn't know/couldn't remember who they were. All I can say is please can everyone hurry up and read it so I can discuss it with you, pleeeease?

I'm supposed to be going hill racing with TAB tomorrow in his MG. I say supposed because I havn't actually heard from him about if he's still going and if he is if he wants me to come. I've been very good, I restrained myself to a text yesterday asking if I could borrow the car today and with no reply to that am going to leave it to him to contact me. The last thing I want is to be seen as a stalking annoying female. So I may spend tomorrow on the sofa re-reading Harry Potter...

TAB's been a bit strange as well, he's been sulking lately quite a bit. He asked me to go to Adelaide with him for his birthday but at the time I didn't think I could afford to take the time off work and I've got a packing course on that weekend (booked whilst single...) but at the beginning of this week I reconsidered and told him that if he wanted me to I might be able to manage to go with him. All I got was a sarcastic comment about why did I want to go because all I'd do would be talk to his ex for the entire weekend. I havn't mentioned it since...

Anyway, I have to go and move apartments, again. Ah well, this one should be the last move and it's a REALLY nice place...
|