www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another day, another time zone

Well, technically I'm back in the same time zone as I was in Melbourne but it sounded cool...

I'm here in Cairns and yup, it's definately the tropics. You can tell by the way sweat starts to pour off you the moment you step out of the plane, and it's only spring...

I've found a website that I hope will help me find a job for the next 4 weeks somewhere in North Queensland which will be good (and will mean only 8 weeks of hard toil left to do after that!)

This means unfortunately that I simply can't meet TAB in the Gold Coast, it's the wrong end of the state and I can't afford to fly there nor can I afford to not work on extending my visa during that time. I'll never get a job if I do go and I seriously need to work.

I've just told him this and am awaiting his reply which I think will not make me feel any better about this. I want to see him just as much as he wants me there but I have to work or I can't stay.

Grr

Right, am going to go and explore Cairns (there's not that much of it though!) it's getting cooler now it's towards the evening but it's quite humid out there so had better take some water with me or I'll expire pretty quickly!

Oh, I'm doing quite well though, I've been in Cairns for all of 2 hours and I think I've already been bitten. Twice. Yay.
|