www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2005

Sod the world

Urgh. I rue the day that TAB and I discovered that we like port. Hungover doesn't even begin to describe it.

I'm supposed to be packing. TAB's at a meeting for another 20 minutes then he's dashing back here to take me to the airport, isn't he a darling? I don't want to pack though. I've changed my mind since the last blog, sod the world, I want to stay here! I want to hide from the nasty immigration people under the duvet until they give up and let me stay anyway.

TAB last night realised that the 3 months fruit picking I have to do doesn't include my trip to Bali to see mum so I'll be gone for at least 4 months which upset him a little. I told him that I could, if he wanted, cancel my flight and stay here until March at which point I would have to leave the country permanently. I then had to spend a rather upsetting 15 minutes explaining why this was not going to happen and that the best plan is the one I'm currently working on. I wish it could though, I want to hide my backpack and forget that I'm not an Aussie and just stay here. The temptation is overwhelming.

I really had better check I've got everything :(
|