www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 07, 2005

The six degrees of seperation

I was talking to one of my flatmates the other day when they accused me of being the only English person in the flat. Naturally I was a little surprised at this as Henry has an even more English accent than I do. As it turns out, he's from Wales, as I am.

The ensuing conversation was interesting to say the least. He's from Aberystwyth and knows the town I went to school in quite well. This turns out to be because he knows a family from the area, old family friends from way, way back. I stuttered in shock at the names as I too, have known the family for years. My brother is very good friends with the eldest son (in fact, one of the scars on my forehead is as a result of the bright idea of his of using a car bonnet as a sledge one particularly snowy New Year...) and my brother was best man at his wedding a couple of years ago. A wedding which my new flatmate attended! I moved in with Henry about a month ago when I moved out of the hostel and was lucky enough to get a place in the flats opposite where quite a few backpackers live.

Is it me, or does the world appear to be getting smaller
|