www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Lucky

I am, on the whole, a lot luckier than a whole lot of people. It's easy to take things for granted sometimes and then be reminded suddenly that life on the whole is good to me. This week especially has made me once again realise this and remember that my family, especially, are incredible. Each and every one of them.

John's tragic death has shocked and saddened me. A lovely, kind man is lost from this world. I will miss him and forever remember him. However, the accident has in no way whatsoever lessened my resolve to skydive. My family are completely aware of this and despite their natural fears about the whole activity, are still standing by me and I can't even begin to express how grateful I am that they are supportive of me, always have been and, I know, always will be. I think my sister put it into words much, much better than I ever could in her blog posted here... http://livingfordisco.blogspot.com/2005/08/love-and-worry.html

I know what my sister means when she talks about her hope that our father did not know what was happening to him. It is a hope that, though most likely futile, I too have clung to for quite a long time. I am also aware that, in the unlikely event something happens to me, I may know what's happening. It's not a pleasant thought, these things rarely are and it scares me just as much as it scares her but the way I see things is that the same can be said of absolutely anything. I could step out my door tomorrow and something nasty happen. It happened in London, it happened to our father, it, most unfortunately, happens all the time.

It's quite cheesy but one thing I know is true, life is for living and that's what I intend to do and it makes it so much easier knowing that my family are beside me, unconditionally and with love, as I stand by them (or possibly soar, twist and turn by them...).

I am, most definately, lucky.
|