www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Fruit picking it is then

Right, one argument on msn, two teary phone calls to Mama and one phone call to TAB later, we are, sort of, sorted.

He loves me, he misses me, he wants me to be there. He's not going to find anyone else, he doesn't want to find anyone else but he doesn't want a long distance thing because he can't bring himself to hope that I'm coming back. He doesn't fancy Z (our friend from the pub) and there's nothing going on and won't be in the future, he just wants me.

I told him I had 2 choices. Either I can -

1. come home now, forget the fruit picking and, apart from the 2 weeks in Bali with Mama he can have me until March and then we'll just have to see what the situation is then.

Or

2. try the fruit picking, fight for us and for more time together, we'll be apart for a couple of months but together for more time in the long run.

We've not been together long enough to get a de facto visa.

I actually discussed this with Mama first and told him option 1 was what was going to happen. He was horrified at the thought that I'd have to leave in March and thought that fruit picking was the best way. So I told him not to make it so damn difficult for me to stay up here then.

He's being so daft at the minute it's untrue, he doesn't want a long distance relationship so has been distancing himself from me as much as he can but he won't throw out a plastic lovehearts ring from a vending machine worth 20c because it's mine and he doesn't want to throw anything of mine out.

I told him this morning that I'm staying. I'm going to give the fruit picking the best shot I can and I'm doing it for us. Keep your fingers crossed for me, I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get.
|