www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 15, 2005

What to do...

It's day 2 in Cairns and I'm at a complete loss as to what to do. I can't really go near the seafront as I'll get eaten alive by sandflies (my ankles are in agony anyway from yesterday afternoons dash to be the first to suck my blood, the antihistamines havn't kicked in yet) and it's a bit too hot to be lounging by the pool.

I've got to ring those harvest employment guys but apart from that am free as a bird.

Am resisting the temptation to txt or email TAB as I don't think he's really happy with me for not coming to the Gold Coast and I know constant txts irritate him (and bankrupt me). All I'd like is a message or a phone call telling me he misses me or something, that's not too much is it? Just for once I'd like to be told that he loves me when he's not drunk. I'm not going to pressure him into it, I'm just going to sit here and wait to see if he even notices that he's not talked to me today. He may not. In fact, being male, he probably won't.

I'm being daft and I know it but I can't help myself. I got irrationally jealous the other day when he told me that our friend is officially gorgeous and had been round his place until 3am and then came round for breakfast. I didn't tell him that of course, I was all cool, calm and collected (it's very easy to do by msn messenger). He did feel the need to inform me randomly in the middle of the conversation that he didn't sleep with her. Nice to know.

Aargh! I just want to go running down to the Gold Coast to spend the week with him but I know I can't. I know I won't let go again if I do that and that would be disastrous for all concerned given that if that happened, a few months later I'd be chucked out of the country.

Oops, didn't mean to go on so much.

Cairns is lovely, but very humid. I met some nice guys last night and stayed up chatting with them until 3am. They've gone skydiving today, the tandems here land on the beach, nice!

I'm going to go and explore somemore, maybe find something to do. That doesn't involve lots of money. Or snorkelling. Or diving (actually quite difficult round here given how close we are to the Great Barrier Reef). Hmmm...
|