www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, September 16, 2005

When in doubt

When in doubt, go to the cinema.

I think I'm allergic to the heat. Everytime I tried to move in the heat yesterday I came out in red blotches. Very attractive. I feel slightly better today but then I havn't stepped outside the hostel yet...

In an effort to find somewhere very airconditioned that I could sit for the hottest part of the day yesterday without being a pub as I'd just get disgustingly drunk, I wound up at the cinema watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Apart from the fact that they've americanised it (they keep calling chocolate 'candy' and trousers 'pants') and little things like that, I quite liked it. I don't think it will be a film I'd like to watch again too much (not like Wallace and Gromit 'the curse of the were-rabbit, sheer genius once again and also with Helena Bonham Carter) but it was a pleasant (and very cool) way to pass the afternoon.

I stopped being childish yesterday and asked TAB to call me. He's in Warnambool at the moment, work sent him there. He said that he'd been thinking about next week and I was right, much as he didn't want to admit it. He wouldn't have much time at all during the day so I'd only see him at night and I'd be complaining that I could work and he'd be too drunk to remember me being there anyway (this is probably true, his memory is shockingly bad). We had a really nice conversation though and he started sending me messages a little later saying that there was no point in being in a french restaurant with wine by yourself, there was no romance there so why was I 100s of km's away?.

I will find work, I will manage 3 months of hard slog in the heat and humidity (may any god who's listening take pity on me and arrange for it to be unseasonably cool) without collapsing and I will stay here for longer.

I will.
|