www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chilli peppers (of the red hot variety of course)

No, I havn't suddenly rocketed to stardom and am mingling with the Red Hot Chillis unfortunately (though that would be quite nice for a little while, don't you think), I have new job. I am now a chilli picker.

It's actually not that bad, we only work until 12.30pm because it gets too hot otherwise and when I get a little better at picking I should earn $100 a day, so I get $600 a week and I get afternoons and Sundays off - bargain!

One thing though, did you know that the Redback spider likes to lay its eggs among the shady leaves of the chilli plant? Did you? Did you really? Neither did I until I picked up a chilli this morning and saw all these little ball bearing things laid in rows on it and a few started to move because I'd knocked them. On closer inspection (though not too close, I'm not that stupid) I could see the little red backs on the tiny wee things. I've never thrown anything away so hard.

Or the other 3 I found during the morning.
|