www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Footloose and fancy free

I did it. I finally spat the dummy. I had another huge row with my forklift driver who I've given up trying to please because everything I did he found something new to complain about. Anyway, after he stormed off home at lunchtime leaving me huddled in a corner in tears with my boss shouting at me and telling me to be professional I had a serious think about the job. In a professional businesslike manner, of course.

  • So, I'm not getting any more money for a whole heap more shit.
  • I'm spending $50 a week nearly of my own money on my phone.
  • I have a forklift driver who scares the life out of me, especially with stories of how he's strangled people nearly to death and when he throws bins around etc.
  • I have a boss who doesn't communicate. At all. Until he's really ready to fire you then you get a bollocking but still no real explanation.

Anyway, I told all of this to my supervisor who did say I could stay on at the shed and just do something else but I said that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to stay there as I thought the situation had gone too far to just let me fade into the background and I can't go to the other shed because I refuse to work with the 'friend' who bitched about me as she would make my life intolerable again. She was lovely and understanding and a bit disappointed I think but she understood my reasons.

So soon it may be bye-bye Bowen for me, but I've been here long enough now and saved a bit so I'll see what's happening further north.

|