www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This and that

I have noticed recently (and actually, not quite so recently, really) that a few people whose blogs I read update the look of their blogs quite regularly and with lots of style in each reincarnation.

This makes me feel a bit sort of guilty that I don't.

The last time I changed I had to get a friend to help me get a 3 column layout because I hadn't the slightest clue what I was doing. That is still the case.

I do have some excuses though.
I do not have a job so no internet access there.
When I lived in Australia we did not even have a computer let alone have scaled to the dizzying heights of having the internet.
I now live with my mother at the moment which means that broadband is not available, we are still existing on dial-up here so my internet time is limited because I don't want to run her phone bill up (that is, I don't want to run her phone bill up on the internet when I can quite happily run it up calling Australia...).
I have other things on my mind which, in my opinion, are far more important. More important, in fact, that anything else. At all.

Mainly, these things consist of my visa and the fact that I'm missing t'Otherarf (oh my, now Welsherella's got me at it...) like crazy. Phone calls are great and I don't know what I'd do without them but there's just no substitution for getting a great big hug and kisses in person.

The other thing (tied in with my visa but not happening specifically for the visa - I thought that I'd make that distinction clear right here and now) is that I'm getting married :D

I am officially engaged and loving every second of it (apart of course from the being 12,000 miles away from my fiance - that bit sucks)

I've not posted this before because I wanted to tell a few people in person - or, in one case, over the phone - rather than have them read about it on this blog.

I'm very, very happy, I've got a very lovely ring, my mum's going to take me dress shopping and I'm going to spend the rest of my life with a man who I'm head over heels in love with who loves me to distraction in return.

Next year, hopefully on a tropical beach, I'm going to marry the nicest, loveliest man I've ever met. And, I know I've said this a few times now but tough I'm going to say it again, I could not be happier. In the manner of 1066 And All That this is a Very Good Thing.

Labels:

|