www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Jobs

Yet again in an effort not to spend money I am hiding at the internet cafe again today trying to work out how to make this site look better.

I've actually had a really nice couple of days, wandering round Cairns and resisting the temptation to buy stuff and gazing in longing at the yaughts in the harbour. My partners in crime for these activities have been Jan and Susan, two German backpackers, they've been great :) We're having another bbq tonight (more shrimps!) as it's Jan's last night before he moves on so I expect to be slightly the worse for wear tomorrow!

I finally heard from my agency! They think I have a job but just have to wait for the Department of Immigration to confirm my visa and tax details, they were supposed to ring me yesterday but as yet havn't so I'll give them until mid-afternoon and then call to see what on earth is going on as I'll have to move on Saturday if I do start on Monday and I would quite like to know if I've got somewhere to live when I get there... :/

I'm going to go to Kuranda 'the village in the rainforest' tomorrow, you can get the skyrail (a cable car) up over the roof of the rainforest and the scenic train on the way back which should be nice. My friend from NZ is also arriving in Cairns tomorrow so it will be nice to see her again.

Anyway, food is calling, hope you're all having a nice day :)
|