www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Smug marrieds and singletons

Due to a lack of available dorm space last night I had to have a double room. It was heaven! My own room, my own huge bed and no one else there, luxury!

Anyway, I retired early (I paid for the room, I was going to make the most of it!) and spent a nice evening with a couple of glasses of wine, my book and talking to my friend Libby back home.

It was whilst talking to her that we realised that, having been a singleton for most of my life apart from the odd affair here and there, I am very quickly becoming that most hated of things, a smug married. I may moan about TAB quite a bit and we've had our problems but the fact remains that when I'm not with him I'm almost always thinking of him. Getting a phone call or a message from him inevitably brings a stupid grin to my face and when we were together in the flat I was ridiculously content when cooking for us or even when doing the washing up (TAB once commented that I should go on Australian Idol but I'd have to make sure I had a sink full of washing up in front of me when I did it). It was when relating the incident of the 20c ring that TAB won't throw away because it belongs to me when she turned round and said 'He's totally gone on you...and you love it don't you?'.

Far from fighting the fall into smug marriedom every step of the way, I have given into it with barely a struggle, weloming it with open arms and generally having a fantastic time being as domesticated as I can be. In short, yes, I love it :D
|