www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 26, 2005

Pumpkins

I wrote a little prematurely this morning, I've had an afternoon's worth of work clearing a path down a pumpkin field for the tractor to go down tomorrow when we will be chucking said pumpkins (and others) onto a trailor. Fun fun fun.

I really need to contact the Department of Immigration and see what they have to say as what consitutes 3 months. Is it 90 days of work? or 12 weeks worth? or 3 calendar months (though how that would work I have no idea) and if I do only a couple of days work a week does that count as a week? You see, I'm hoping that it's the 12 weeks thing and even if I only work a day of one week that would count because it would mean I could get finished by Christmas rather than have to spend 2 weeks after it working.

Oh, my lesson learnt for today? Pumpkin stems have tiny little sharp hairs all along them. When picking, wear gloves.
|