www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The world of TAB

Things are not going well in the world of TAB. He got sacked today as the company he only started working for at the beginning of the month have been 'restructuring' and who best to get rid of but the new guy still on probation. All in all TAB is not a happy bunny.

The army also decided that he couldn't be part of the reserve force because they judged him by his old eyesight test score things which, since he's had laser surgery, don't really mean much anymore. To make things even stupider, the army actually give FREE laser eye surgery to all their recruits that need it!

So, suffice it to say, my other half is feeling quite low at the moment and, to be honest I don't blame him.

In brief (because I know you've all had enough of pumpkins, lord knows I have!) we picked 10 trailers today, 50 tonnes of the damn stuff but we should be finished by tomorrow at which point I'll need to find a new job as he doesn't want anyone who can't work the weekend to pick the watermelon crop (I've just started this whole physical work thing, I need a break of some sorts!) and, quite frankly, picking is not my thing given I fell over once today and very nearly several other times, nearly fainted from the heat and bending over and standing up so often and general crap. You know it's bad when you get tunnel vision.

No new interesting facts about pumpkins today. They are quite boring, really.
|