www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 07, 2005

Bananas

Well, the decision has been made for me. At 5.40am one girl decided she wanted a day off so I took her place (which, considering the bus leaves at 6am I thought was pretty nice of me). I've spent the day in a banana packing shed. Not the most thrilling work but I didn't faint which is always a bonus!

Anyway, at the end of the day they asked me to come back next week so I'll keep the job until I have to leave to meet mum in Brisbane.

I'm hoping to upload a picture of me in my bikini but I don't think the computer likes it so it might not appear :(

Oh, and concerning wildlife. Geckos are cool, you can hear them chatter away at night and the mozzies are a pain but bearable. The birds and fireflies are cool but I really REALLY object to having big grey hairy spiders drop onto me while I'm working. Or, actually, at any time at all.
|