www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Not good

I just received an email from my mother whom I am supposed to be seeing in Bali in 3 weeks time. As most of you will now have heard there have been more Bali bombings and mum is, understandably, concerned about our trip and, quite frankly, so am I! I hadn't heard anything about the bombings until she emailed me so it came as quite a surprise. I'm going to ring her in a minute and see what she wants to do, it would be lovely if she could come to Australia but I don't know how long it takes to get a Vistor's Visa for here. I don't think it's long as my Working Holiday Visa only took 48 hours so that shouldn't be a problem.

I can't believe that it's been bombed again. I feel quite selfish though as all I can think of is 'Thank god we weren't there' but is anywhere really safe these days? Melbourne has been stated recently as a target for terrorists and I have no doubt that other cities and places will be hit. All I can hope for is that me and mine are not involved. We had a lucky escape in London, and a slightly less narrow escape from Bali, I just hope that our luck continues.
|