www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Poetry, literature and the like

I had the most surprising conversation with an Aussie guy living here called Corey the other night, a self confessed, usually drunk when not working, bum. We, somehow, got onto the subject of poetry. We just went on for ages, he didn't really approve of some of my taste (Keats in particular) but did approve of my liking for Coleridge and was quite impressed at the amount of 'Kubla Khan' that I can recite from memory, even after a couple of beers :)

I also had quite a good time today when I borrowed a copy of 'Going Postal' by Terry Pratchett that someone had left on a table. Made my day as I am sorely missing my bookcase full of books :( I also was in shock as I looked at the bibliography and realised that there were not one, not two, but THREE books that I knew absolutely nothing about! 'Thud!', 'Where's my Cow' and 'Once more, with Footnotes'. How has this happened?? I simply don't understand how I managed to miss the publication of these books, that's not like me at all. It's so easy to get really out of touch with the real world when you live this sort of life, time especially seems to be playing a little game all of it's own. I still can't believe that it's actually October, I don't feel like I've been gone that long at all.

Anyway, should TAB and I still be together at Christmas I DEFINATELY know what I'm going to ask for!

He's also going to get a bookcase, something no place should be without.
|