www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Heat(ish)

We had a lovely, lovely man come and look at the central heating today. I very nearly kissed him. If he'd been younger I may have offered myself in gratitude for supplying us with some heat.

He's got it working. A little. He can't guarentee that if the heating gets to the point it's set to and the pump switches off until the house cools down again, that it will come back on when it's supposed to. But we had heat tonight which was lovely as I've spent the entire day attempting to coax the fire in the living room to burn, even smoldering a little bit would have been good! Eventually it got going so with a heater in the kitchen and the fire in the living room today was not quite the torture it could have been. At least, my feet were so cold that I ceased to feel them and I could warm my hands which is an improvement on last night (last night the hands were immobile due to cold too). I've spent most of today huddled infront of my fire (spark? smoldering cinder? warm ash?) watching episodes of Buffy. Moving from within 5 of a heat source was not an option.

My lovely sister has got back to me with how to put haloscan as my comments so in the next couple of days when I don't need to go and defrost my hands at 2 minute intervals I will update things. Yay!

I do have to wonder though, did I feel the cold quite this much before I experienced the heat in Australia or has my body, never really good with the cold, decided to up it's optimum temperature a little so now what I thought before was cold is now enough to give me frostbite (or at least, I think it would be if I wasn't wearing 2 pairs of thick socks).
|