www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Luxuries

As I may have hinted in my previous post, the weather here at the moment is attrocious.

I've spent this afternoon updating things on the blog and emailing people and generally faffing around on the internet. And when I wasn't doing that I was wandering aimlessly around the hostel at a complete loose end.

In my faffing around and aimless wandering I found myself wondering what I would do if I was at home and I realised that what I wanted, what I truly, utterly wanted, was to lie in complete and utter bliss in a big, hot bath. The kind where you take a good book and a glass - sorry, bottle - of wine and candles and maybe some nice classical music and use up a good dose of your favourite bubble bath and hide from the world for a couple of hours, occasionally topping up the bath with more hot water.

Unfortunately given that this seems to be a country of showers* this is not going to happen. The nearest place I know that I could definitely have a private bath is in Victoria. Still, a girl's allowed to dream so I'm going to go back to wandering around aimlessly and dreaming of long, hot baths. Mmmmm....

*and quite frankly I wouldn't take a bath in a hostel anyway, the showers are bad enough, who knows what people would get up to in the bath. Shudder.
|