www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, April 29, 2007

One or two things

I have a job! Actually, I have 2 jobs which is fantastic.

Now, if you pop into my local, the delightful Sexton Arms, you may be able to catch a glimpse of me (behind the bar for once) on a Friday or Saturday night. Failing that, if you are really keen, for about 20 hours a week I can be found wearing the very green shirt of our local Somerfields supermarket and processing all your items through my till.

Isn't life wonderful?

Mind you, all this means that I have money coming in to save to buy my visa and plane ticket back to be with my lovely fiance*.

Oh, speaking of which, isn't it amazing how many absolutely dreadful wedding dresses there are out there? I bought a magazine the other day and of the 934 (it told me, I didn't count) dresses in there I liked a grand total of 3 well enough to think that mmmm maybe. Most I was indifferent to and about 10 were laugh-out-loud bloody awful. Why anyone would want to wear something like that I have NO idea. No idea at all.


*whose name, by the way, is Graham.
|