www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 08, 2007

Sorrow

I think I lost something tonight. Something that I hope is not lost forever. It may be that it was lost the moment I came home but that the absense had not been noted until now and in the noticing has grown to huge proportions*.

A family friend of long standing, from whom I would expect on greeting after an absense, be it of one day or one year, a hug and a kiss on the cheek and an equiry about how I was doing to say the least.

These were noticibly lacking.

I didn't even feel acknowledged until I had been in the company of said person for over 2 hours when the subject of my emigration entered the conversation. Whilst avoiding my eyes he said 'I'm know why you're going and I'm glad for you but I have no wish to go to Australia'. That in itself is fair enough and I understand that. Not everyone wants to go to the other side of the world and, if I had not got a wonderful fiance over there for whom I would do anything, I probably would not be going back either. Should I choose it, there is a life for me here - a wonderful life. But there is where my love is and there is where I shall go, happily.

I may be over-reacting, I may be reading into things that aren't there but I know what I felt and I felt excluded. Tonight I felt I was an outsider looking in, a stranger to this most familar group of people where once I had been a part of it and all because I seem to have lost the good opinion of one who means a lot to me.

*I know what I mean

Labels:

|