www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 10, 2006

Men

I thought that I should clarify this - in case of future confusion.

The guy I am currently dating (we've seen each other every day this week, I think I can fairly safely say that we're seeing each other) is not the Toy Boy, nor is he the French fork-lift driver in the next town. He is someone that I work with who, in time honoured male fashion, showed that he fancied me by always tickling me whenever he passed and spraying me with the hose whenever I foolishly got close enough.
In other words, he's as childish as I am when it comes to things like that so we're fairly well suited.

Unlike the Toy Boy he doesn't mind telling me he likes me, or that he thinks I'm beautiful - his words, not mine! (although I keep telling me he should have his eyes checked) and unlike the French guy, he didn't wait until either me or him had left town before telling me he liked me. Both plus points in my view.

He's also in my age bracket which is highly unusual for me.

So far we've been out for dinner and sat on deserted beaches watching the sun set over the ocean. He even bought me an icecream (a Magnum no less!) last night as a surprise which we ate in the dark watching the lights of the boats out on the ocean.
He took me fishing and has been surprisingly good natured about the fact that I outfished him - I suspect that that will not happen again. We sit and talk for hours and are currently annoying everyone at work by grinning widely whenever we see each other in the shed.

:D
|