www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 20, 2006

More soppiness

We're going to get the house! There's been a bit of drama about renting the house that we actually wanted (it's lovely and big and cheap and out in the bush a little surrounded by mango trees) because the guy who's moving out actually doesn't like the other half (officially my boyfriend, not a fling or anything or whatever I was or wasn't with TAB, I'm actually his girlfriend. He said so) and there's been all sorts of problems at work with him because he's an insane sod but the owner of the house wants us in there, and the boss at work wants us in there* and if he can't find a tenant to take over his lease that the owner approves of he has to pay the rent for the next 5 months. He's basically been told that we have to have it :) Anyway, by the end of the week I should be happily living in a proper Queenslander house just outside of Bowen. Once again I am stupidly happy and grinning from ear to ear rather a lot.

I can't wait to get some chickens then we can have fresh eggs and stuff :)

And before anyone says anything, we know that we've not known each other that long, and this may be seen as rushing things, but neither of us have ever felt this comfortable with someone this soon. We both feel that things are just right so we're not going to waste any time. Having said that, don't worry mum I'm a) not getting married and b) I'm not pregnant, just happy.

*probably so that he can check the other half - or should that be the Other Half? - isn't fishing when he calls in sick...
|