www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sumer is icumen in

Summer is indeed a'comin in, you couldn't call the heat that has hit this place in the last couple of weeks anything else*. I am really grateful that I've not only got a boyfriend who, when I work with him in the paddock, notices - sometimes before I even do which is incredible under the layers of dirt that generally cover me within seconds of being out there - when I'm not looking so good and really need to sit down before I faint (I'm a stubborn sod and don't like giving in) but also a boss who is also understanding and lets me go home when I'm not feeling so good. As in the last few days, and a couple of days last week, I'm just glad someone got me drinking Gatorade, it's the best thing since sliced bread! Ah well, one day I'll aclimatise. Honest. Until that day I'm just going to struggle through the next week until the off season which we're really looking forward to :)

The only thing that I'm not entirely looking forward to in the next few months is the fact that this heat is going to get worse, oh yes indeedy. Anyone who's wise gets out of Bowen for the off season. Wise, as most people who know me will have realised by now, is not really what I am.
At all.
The only really good thing I can say at the moment is that our new house has air con (woohoo!) and is under the mango trees so will be at least in the shade for the most part. This is a Very Good Thing. He mentioned the other day that we're going to have a big chest freezer so we can store lots of ice and if we get a paddling pool, well, paddling pool + ice = chilled me, yay!

P.s Do the margins look better now for those who were having trouble?

*even though technically it's still Spring, which is incredibly worrying
|