www.flickr.com

nothing because it has to be connected to my computer to work, grrr


prawn cocktail crisps

pilchards on toast (you can get pilchards there but they just don't taste the same)

decent tv

jaffa cakes

Greggs pasties

proper beer (as in Black Sheep, or Timothy Taylor's Landlord, or Cwrw Haf, the list goes on...)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Married in the tropics, enjoying life with my husband, my clarinet and wondering that eternal mystery - where do all my fish go?

adopt your own virtual pet!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 04, 2006

The hazards of a new house...

I may have a little problem with my address. To all those who I have given my address to, please hold off sending christmas cards because I'm not entirely certain that Australia Post actually deliver out this far. I may have to set up a post office box and get post sent to there. It's all highly irritating *sigh*

In other news I am having lots of fun being highly domesticated. I've spent a blissful 2 days organising the kitchen and doing all the washing and banishing the Other Half to the garage (not that he needed much persuading!). We've managed to blow the safety switch twice trying to run 2 freezers and a fridge from one powerpoint (we've given that one up as a lost cause) and discovered that the green ants like to try and come in the bathroom window because it's got a franjipani tree just outside.

I also woke up this morning and whilst wondering through the house rather scantily clad (it is my house after all) looking for clean clothes I noticed that the mango pickers were only a couple of trees away in the next paddock. I think I may need to check out my windows before doing that again, I may have given them just a wee bit of an eyeful by accident before realising they were there. Ah well.

I'm working on the photos (of both the house and the Other Half) and will send them as soon as I possibly can!

Labels:

|